Because each person is unique
each ring is also unique
Choosing a custom wedding ring allows you to seal your love for each other in the symbol of marriage. As a goldsmith, my passion is to work collaboratively with my clients and create jewelry that you will fall in love with again and again.
During our initial consultation, we will explore your design preferences and aesthetics. I will guide you through the different types of materials and styles that will help to achieve your shared vision. I will also ask you to bring your engagement ring, so we can discuss how your custom wedding rings will complement the engagement ring.
I will also share my collection of bespoke rings to give you more insight of what is possible.
Based on our first session, I will create a series of sketches and provide you with the opportunity during a second consultation to discuss unique details of each design. As well as gaining your feedback, the second meeting also provides the opportunity to select the specific materials in accordance with your budget and time consideration.
Before crafting the ring, I can also provide you with a 3D design, or a wax model of your ring, allowing you to try it on before it is made.
I provide all clients photos and videos of their custom wedding bands, from initial sketches to finished product.
Available metal to choose from are:
- Yellow gold 14 and 18 carat
- White gold 14 and 18 carat
- Rose gold 14 and 18 carat
- Silver 925
Note that the difference in the carat makes a difference in the strength of the metal, its colour, and price. A ring may also be made using two or more different materials. For example a combination of white gold for the shank, a yellow gold setting with a sapphire, makes the stone 'pop' more.
Diamonds, sapphires and rubies are the traditional stones for custom engagement rings. However, there are a variety of stones that can be used as substitutes, or to suit your personal preference.
Diamonds and the corundum's (family of the sapphires and rubies) are the most popular types of stones as they have a great resistance to abrasion.
But with different type of settings, other stones can be well protected.
Different types of finishes can play a big role in the overall aesthetic of your ring. The mot common finish on a custom engagement ring is a high polish.
Other common styles of finishes include:
- Satin: embibes an atmosphere of timeless elegance. It creates a matte finish that is soft to the touch and is non-reflective. The marks of the tool create a unique character.
- Hammered: adds a unique textured element to your ring, and is popular amongst men. Different-sized hammers and shapes can achieve different textures. The final result can be either unpolished or polished.
- Polished: the classic engagement ring finish is smooth and conveys a sens of glamour. It has a highly reflective surface, which compliments stones with high luster.
If you are after a different finish, I am happy to accommodate your wishes as I am skilled at a variety of technics.